BR1-11: Within High Fences

within high fences に対する画像結果Tom laughed. "You are stupid, Nancy," he said. (p.29)
The main character is Nancy in this book. She wanted to be a writer then. But Tom laughed at her. Tom is Nancy's boyfriend. He said writers were intelligent, but "Nancy is not intelligent." He think that she didn't need to work, however she liked the money and shopping. So, she worked in a centre for asylum seekers as a guard. One day she met a man. His name is George. She fell in love with him. But Tom think George just wants your money and your passport. However she thought she is never coming back to live with him. Tom was so angry, because Nancy left him for an asylumseekers. One day Nancy's room was found to have been completely ransacked. Who did it? George? Theif? If you are interested in this story, please read it.








Penny, Hancock. (2005). Within High Fences. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

コメント

  1. I am concerned about what happens after that, so I want to read this book.

    返信削除
  2. When I heard about this book from you, I thought I want to read it, but I forgot to read. I'll try it !!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Soccer (Oxford Bookworms Factfiles)

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

Ship in Trouble