BR1-06: Blood Diamonds

The man's hair and eyes were dark. He wore trousers, a jacket and a tie and had a black bag in one hand. "This is Erik Van Delft," said Shepherd. (p.6-7)
The characters of this book are Harley Kirkpatrick and Annie Shepherd. They are journalist and wrote an article. The content of this article is about smuggling is done in Africa. Diamonds are important for a number of countries in Africa. But in some countries people buy guns with the diamonds. It call these diamonds "blood diamonds" because many people die from the guns. One day they were received a new information. A businessman named Erik Van Delft is involved in smuggling, also he is in London now. They chase that person. Kirkpatrick is a passionate man. I thought that he was a reckless person. Shepherd is clever, but I thought that she cannot live without a net. They are two contrasting people.
Can they reveal a secret of the smuggling organization? If you are interested in this book, please read it!


Richard, MacAndrew. (2005). Blood Diamonds. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.


コメント

  1. This book is diificult for me, but I want to read it someday.

    返信削除
  2. I saw this book in our university's library, and I thought I try to read, but I found the name the writer and I have not been able to understand the stories writen the writer, so I didn't coose it. And it was right not to read it because I find now it's difficultfor me by reading your comment about the book!

    返信削除
  3. You told me about this book last week! I want to read it!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Soccer (Oxford Bookworms Factfiles)

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

BR1-07: Marcel and the Mona Lisa